The Enabling Fund provides a means through which the JLC may respond to the short-term emergency needs of various agencies and organizations in the Columbus area. Enabling Fund guidelines serve to focus grants to maximize their impact in the community. To apply for assistance the agency needs to document their need in a letter or on the attached form. The request should be sent to the following address:
Enabling Fund Chairman
Junior League of Columbus
1240 Wynnton Road
Columbus, GA 31906
1. The applicant must be a non-profit, tax-exempt organization. A copy of the organization’s 501(c)(3) authorization letter shall be provided.
2. No organization may receive more than $2,000 from the Enabling Fund in any 24 month period, except the JLC Partner in Education.
3. The program/project needing funding must advance the League’s signature issue: promoting child health and well-being through protection, nutrition, education, mentoring, advocacy, and healthcare.
4. The proposal must represent a critical need of an immediate nature that is essential to the operation of the organization.
5. The funds must be used within the geographic area represented by JLC membership.
6. The funds must be committed within 90 days of receipt. The Enabling Fund Chair shall follow-up to ensure that this guideline is satisfied.
7. The organization must have prospects for continued funding.
8. The following would not be considered for funding:
b. General operating expenses, salaries, and insurance
c. Recurring needs
d. Annual funds, capital campaigns, or special events related to fundraising
e. Scholarships, tuition, and financial aid
f. Projects aiming to advance religious or political beliefs
g. Travel expenses and conference fees
Please click on the document link above, save the file, complete the form, print it, and mail it to the address above.
To donate to the Enabling Fund please click here.